how it works
Through funds raised from fundraisers and donations, Pink-4-Ever, Inc is able to provide gifts to patients for emergency needs, including prescriptions. All requests must come to Pink-4-Ever via our universal application. Because of the demand for assistance, oral requests cannot be accepted. Incomplete applications also cannot be considered. Our funds are limited; therefore, the more information that we have the easier it is for us to make good and timely decisions regarding assistance.
It is our goal to provide an answer regarding assistance as soon as possible. Please allow two business days for medication requests and up to 5-7 business days for other types of assistance.
Candidates must apply online for assistance. Once the application, and supporting documentation, have been submitted, your file will be reviewed by the Executive Director. The Executive Director will present the file to the Board of Directors for review and consideration for approval.
PLEASE NOTE: The Board of Directors meets (once a month) or (on the third Thursday of each month). Requests for assistance must be received by the third Monday of each month, in order for them to be reviewed and considered for approval by the Board on the third Thursday. Once the Board of Directors has made a determination, the candidate will be notified within 1-3 business days.
To qualify for assistance from Pink-4-Ever, you must meet the following eligibility criteria and provide the following documentation:
• You must have written documentation of breast cancer diagnosis from your oncologist stating what your current treatment is. We will send the oncologist our Letter of Diagnosis form to be filled out.
• You must be a resident of Indiana. Please bring your picture I.D with current address.
• Your current monthly income must be $ (this figure is subject to change based on annual review by our Board of Directors). Please provide current proof of monthly income, such as a printout or award letter from State Disability, DWD, Social Security, or General Assistance, or a bank statement showing direct deposits. If you have no income, a social worker can attest to that for you in a letter.
Once all required documents have been provided and your Pink-4-Ever, Inc. file is complete, you are eligible to receive a grant for financial assistance for up to $800, or for medical costs up to $1,500 for bills no more than 30 days old. The exact figure and type of assistance, will be determined by Board of Directors. Financial assistance may be used to pay for items such as:
• Utilities (gas, electric, water)
• Medical Insurance Premiums
• Medical Expenses not covered by insurance
• Pre-arranged funeral costs (payment can only be made prior to a client’s death)
The funding for Pink-4-Ever,Inc. is limited. Every attempt is made to use funds to cover urgent needs. Pink-4-Ever, Inc. currently does not pay storage or relocation expenses, gym memberships, cable TV bills or other non-emergency services. In Indianapolis food may be provided by Gleaners Food bank.
Generally speaking, clients are eligible to re-apply for additional assistance twelve months or more after the date of their last grant. Because eligibility criteria may change, clients should be prepared to provide new documentation (including a new letter from their doctor, current identification, and proof of income and current lease) at the time they reapply.